Alright Gypsies, we have been driving over mountains, in the desert, by the sea and in the wadis, so what’s next? Well, how about a drive to a ‘ghost town’? Sounds fun, ain’t it?
So, Let’s Drive to Ras Al Khaimah and visit the ‘ghost town’ of Jazirat Al Hamra. Ages ago, this little town was home to the Zaabi tribe who were involved in the pearling and fishing business. However, its inhabitants moved out of here around 1968, and the town has been deserted ever since. Strangely, it has remained unchanged all these years, so no wonder people tell all kinds of stories, including those about the presence of ghosts and djinns 🙂
So, we thought it would be fun to do some of our own ghost-hunting, huh?
We plan to drive through a short desert trail and reach Al Hamra well before sunset. We then find our sweet spot on the beach and set up campfire and barbecue. People who wish to fish can try their hand, and share the catch on the grill! And when the moon is up, we will start our fun tour of the ‘ghost town’ armed with flashlights and radios in hand and a prayer in our hearts to save our souls!
• Although the desert track is short and relatively easy, please make sure your vehicle is in good condition and you are carrying basic recovery equipment (towing rope, shovel, pump, etc.)
• For Gypsies who do not have a 4WD, you have the option of skipping the desert part and driving straight to the campsite for barbecue and Al Hamra village tour.
• The location of the meeting points will be communicated upon RSVP.
• Non-driving Gypsies would be accommodated in other cars, subject to availability.
• First-timers will be charged a fee of AED 50.
1- Desert Drive
5- “Ghost hunting”
Stuff to bring:
1- Food and drinks, enough for you and your guests
2- Torch/ search lights
3- Fishing gear
4- Camping chairs/ mats
The Organizers will arrange the barbecue grill, charcoal, oil and barbecue tools. However, you are free to bring any of your camping or barbecue gear as you like….as they say, the more, the merrier!
So, get ready to discover the spooky side:) Let's Drive!
By accepting to participate in this Drive, You agree that you have joined us voluntarily and you accept that organizers do not hold any responsibility for loss or damage of property (vehicle etc.). You also agree that you are responsible for your own safety and any act of negligence that endangers the safety of fellow passenger(s) or others.