Let’s Drive - Sand – Land & Sky
Date: 23rd Jan 2015, Friday @ 9:00 AM
Theme: Mountain, Desert, Off Road, BBQ
Weather: Cold and Windy
Gypsies.......... LET’S DRIVE again!
This road trip is everything you could think of.... Highway – Plains – Mountains – Sky – Desert – BBQ – Surprise!!!!
Get ready for some breathtaking views and some steep climbs and downslopes.
If a roller coaster ride gives you adrenalin rush, then try this nature’s roller coaster.
The mountain route by-and-large is unpaved and a low gear 4X4 is a must (4WD-L).
The route is safe but some necessary precautions need to be taken -
1) Vehicles should be in good condition, especially the brakes.
2) Although the road is well-marked, yet remain alert while driving, to negotiate sharp turns.
3) Maintain safe distance from the vehicle ahead, specially during steep climbs.
After the mountain drive, we will drive on the Sand Track and then have bonfire and BBQ in a beautiful desert. BBQ will be held near the tarmac to facilitate those who wish to leave early.
Gypsies should bring their own food/drinks+ little extra to share. Charcoal / Grill stand / Sheesha / Wood, etc. will be arranged by us.
The drive starts 9:30 am and ends at the camp around 7 p.m.
Meeting point will be communicated a day in advance.
A good condition 4X4 (4WD-L) with recovery equipment and Air Compressor (Pls. buy if you don’t have one)
Things to get:
Camping chairs, mat, own food (with a little extra to share :), soft drinks, water.
· Please bring along your Emirates ID or original passport with valid UAE residence visa, as we will come across two check points.
· Registration will not be accepted unless all the registration questions are answered.
· Please do not RSVP if you are not sure to come and let others have their chance. Gypsies who have attended previous events will be given preference.
· A 4WD is a must for this drive and a non 4WD participant can directly coordinate with a car owner who has one.
· We may be able to adjust 5-6 non driving participants, subject to confirmation at a later stage.